[Users] Building CM 3.17

Paul claws at thewildbeast.co.uk
Tue Jul 28 10:04:11 CEST 2020

On Mon, 27 Jul 2020 16:32:10 -0400
Lee Underwood <mail at leeunderwood.org> wrote:

> I have Claws-Mail 3.16 and Ubuntu 18.04. So I need to learn how to build
> 3.17. Can someone point me to where I can find instructions? I'm not 'too'
> technical when it comes to this. Any help is appreciated.

You need to add 'deb-src' lines to /etc/apt/sources.list, if you don't
already have them.

Then run `sudo apt build-dep claws-mail` to install all the dependencies
needed to build a claws-mail release tarball, (building from git has more
deps).

Grab the latest release from https://www.claws-mail.org/releases.php and
unpack it.

Then build it with:
./configure
make
sudo make install

The default install location is /usr/local/ but you can change that by using
by using the --prefix option with configure. See ./configure --help for other
possibilities.

with regards

Paul