[Users] Heads up: Error While copying, dir does not exist

Ralf Mardorf kde.lists at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 23 19:40:04 CEST 2020

mail 1 of 2

On Thu, 23 Jul 2020 14:17:08 -0300, J. Paul Bissonnette wrote:
>exfat-fuse and exfat-utils are installed. I could copy every file to
>the Exfat drive except the ones  that had the "|" in the name; when I
>copied those to a fat32 or ntfs formatted drive the "|" was changed to
>"-"
>very strange behaviour.

Exfat isn't well supported by Linux, see attached screenshot of
gparted provuided by this mail. Without being mounted gparted doesn't
provide information.
When mounting it from command line I get

"FUSE exfat 1.3.0
WARN: volume was not unmounted cleanly."

and after that gparted can provide more information, see attached
screenshots of the other mail.

Btw. consider to use "tar --xattrs" when "copying" dirs and files to
an alien file system.