[Users] restoring a Mail backup after an upgrade to Mint last request

Dave Stevens geek at uniserve.com
Mon Jul 13 06:46:25 CEST 2020

On Wed, 8 Jul 2020 11:36:59 +0200
Michael Schwendt <bugs.michael at gmx.net> wrote:

> On Tue, 07 Jul 2020 20:46:01 -0700, geek at uniserve.com wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've backed up my data and done a fresh install of both Mint (to
> > version 20) and Claws Mail 3.17.5 from the Mint repos. I have
> > restored my data and it's in the ~/Mail folder and the folder
> > structure seems to be as it was. How can I configure Claws to use
> > the Mail hierarchy for existing and new mail?

The restore went well, but for an oddity. I routinely have an unthreaded
view in my inbox with most recent mails first - at the top. If I view
mails in some other folder, sent perhaps, then return to the inbox, the
highlighted email is at the bottom, the oldest mail.

It's not the end of the world but I'd fix it if anyone know how.

Claws 3.17.5 on Mint.