[Users] Replacement for 'dillo' plugin

Nikita Zlobin nick87720z at gmail.com
Fri Jan 24 23:01:09 CET 2020

In Fri, 24 Jan 2020 19:05:48 +0100
Ricardo Mones <ricardo at mones.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 24, 2020 at 08:44:40AM -0800, Chad Wallace wrote:
> > On Thu, 23 Jan 2020 22:45:22 +0000
> > Dave Howorth <dave at howorth.org.uk> wrote:

> > > You all should be asking why it's not available on your distro's
> > > forum or mail list, not here.
> >
> > litehtml has a request for packaging (RFP) in with Debian, but no
> > one has picked it up yet.
> >
> > https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=947498
>
> That's the litehtml based browser, you don't need it for running the
> litehtml plugin. Just install the plugin package:
>
> https://packages.debian.org/unstable/claws-mail-litehtml-viewer
>
> regards,

I have to warn, that LiteHtml causes claws-mail-3.17.4 to lose locale,
as I already noted long time ago. Once litehtml plugin is activated (by
switching to it in mail viewer), locale seems to be set to C. As
result, no other chars than ASCII can be entered in message editor.
Translated names for standard dirs seem to be affected when their
contents changes.

Not sure if my previous message was noticed - no reply at all. First
time it was like "Unable to enter non-ASCII chars" - very hard to chase
it.