[Users] importing TheBat! mail into Claws-mail

G2 g2subspstlc at gmail.com
Thu Jan 23 05:43:03 CET 2020

i can export addresses in these formats, LDIF, plain text adress lists, comma or tab delimited, business card vCard, INI.

there is an export function for UNIX mailbox which is .mbox.

though what i don't see a way to export and "account" vs folders in an account. that makes it very tedious for me. i didn't realize that until now.

i'll check with TheBat! forum about that.

> On Mon, 20 Jan 2020 17:45:31 -0800
> G2 <g2subspstlc at gmail.com> wrote:

>> i'm currently using TheBat! v8.8.9 on win7 and will be migrating my
>> home machines to linux.

>> Claws-mail looks like it will suit my needs. TheBat! does have an
>> export funtion for unix mail. is that what i would use so Claws-mail
>> can import it? or does Claws-mail have a plugin to make this
>> transition a bit more streamlined?

>> tia

> from their web site:

> "Easily import .mbox and other file formats from a variety of third
> party email clients."

> mbox is usable (importable) with claws but I don't see an option
> specifying that you can export from bat in this format, do you know? also what about
> addresses?

Bill
Key fingerprint = C472 148A 4185 ED70 2A61  B77C B428 3668 5D84 4495