[Users] firefox opens new copy of claws

Michael Schwendt bugs.michael at gmx.net
Mon Jan 6 13:59:40 CET 2020

On Mon, 6 Jan 2020 12:42:21 +0000, Dave Howorth wrote:

> I've noticed that for the past little while, whenever I click on a
> mailto link in a web page, Firefox opens a new copy of claws-mail. I
> don't want this.
>
> Previously when I clicked on a mailto link, it simply opened a compose
> window using my already open claws session. This is what I want.
>
> I don't think I have knowingly changed any settings in either program.
> FF is 68.2.0esr (64-bit) and claws is 3.16.0. OS is openSUSE Leap 15.0.
>
> Does anybody have any idea why this is happening and/or on what I can
> do to revert the behaviour?

Sounds a bit like the ancient issue where both programs use a different
default TMPDIR depending on when they are launched. /var/tmp vs. /tmp

If multiple copies of Claws Mail are running, do you see the
"claws-mail-USERID" directories in multiple different tmp directories?

If you set $TMPDIR for your user, does that make a difference?