[Users] LiteHTML

Johan Vromans jvromans at squirrel.nl
Thu Feb 27 09:56:35 CET 2020

On Wed, 26 Feb 2020 21:07:49 +0100, Michael Schwendt <bugs.michael at gmx.net>
wrote:

> Not an option, because the needed webkitgtk2 version is unavailable
> due to unfixed security issues.

That's the official statement. It seems that e.g. Ubuntu has no problems
fixing the issues.

Anyway, I always build webkitgtk2 as well.

After trying fancy, dillo and liteHTML I must conclude that fancy is far
superior.

Dillo is an embedded web browser that shows your HTML mail. It has its own
user interface (different from Claws' native UI). When you click a link it
stays inside dillo.

LiteHTML displays most of the HTML but page layout is screwed up.
External images are not shown (just big gaps) unless set in the preferences.
Clicking a link passes it to the external browser.

Fancy displays the HTML correctly. External images can be shown with
the click of a button. Clicking a link passes it to the external browser.
That's just the way I like it.

-- Johan