[Users] Strange behaviour with FROM and TO boxes since upgrading ??

Peter Richards peter777 at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Dec 31 03:58:20 CET 2020

On Wed, 30 Dec 2020 23:21:22 -0000
Paul <claws at thewildbeast.co.uk> wrote:

> On Thu, 31 Dec 2020 07:33:35 +1100
> Peter Richards <peter777 at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
>
> > Of course if I use Ctrl-C to copy the address, it is copied, but I
> > had the ability to use right click and copy before. But now I
> > cannot do that, only to see the address disappear and then appear
> > again, by going to other fields/boxes.
>
> Sounds like your gtk theme is using the same colour for foreground
> (text) and background, so it apparently "disappears".

I have been researching on themes, colors, etc , and as Paul mentioned
it could be GTK related, have compared the GTK related files from the
backup to the current ones. The results are at
https://pastebin.ubuntu.com/p/tfqVfRPyWY/

I did mention that other apps appear to be not affected, yet Kate
exhibited similar behaviour when doing the 'find' function, the text
appeared to disappear. It does seem it is as Paul stated, it is white
text on white background. But why the mouse (or even using TAB to get
to that field) changes the foreground colour to white, I do not know ??

Cheers,

Peter