[Users] Building python plugin on Fedora 33 with python3

Brad Rogers brad at fineby.me.uk
Wed Dec 23 11:04:16 CET 2020

On Wed, 23 Dec 2020 00:34:45 +0000
Brian Morrison <bdm at fenrir.org.uk> wrote:

Hello Brian,

>Is this possible? Been playing about with it and not succeeded yet but
>not entirely sure what is needed exactly.

I use Debian Testing, not Fedora, so I don't know what the required
package names would be in Fedora, but I installed 'python3-dev', which
pulled in various other required packages.  It might have been overkill,
but that package appears to be the highest level -dev package for Python
and therefore may have pulled in more than was really required for my
needs.  Still, as I have plenty of disk space and storage is cheap.....

I'll also say it's been a while since I did this (back when the gtk3
beta of CM was announced) so I may be forgetting something.

The plugin builds here.  Personally, I don't use it - no need - so IDK
whether my install is actually working from a Python PoV.  That said,
since the plugin gets built without error, I'm making the assumption it
would work, if I wished to use it.

Obviously, if any of the devs chip in with details, it trumps my (rather
sketchy, IMO) info.

--
 Regards  _
No you can't hop into my shower