[Users] Claws-mail hanging, cpu 100%

Michael Schwendt bugs.michael at gmx.net
Fri Dec 18 15:11:45 CET 2020

On Fri, 18 Dec 2020 13:28:38 -0000, Paul wrote:

> One thing to note on this thread and the previous one is that you all (or
> most) have a x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu system, (from X-Mailer header).
>
> This might be related:
> https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2020-3b7a70c0ff

Doubtful. That update was released only for 33, not 32 and older, and
this thread mentioned that 31 is affected as well as Debian 10 with MATE.

If I remember correctly, strange freezes have been observed more than a year
already. It could be different symptoms of a bug in some rendering related
component. There have been discussion posts about Claws Mail failing to
render a random single character of an email subject within the "Subject"
column of the list view, and that would not be Claws Mail's fault.