[Users] Claws-mail hanging, cpu 100%

Paul claws at thewildbeast.co.uk
Fri Dec 18 14:28:38 CET 2020

On Fri, 18 Dec 2020 14:19:55 +0100
"Erik P. Olsen" <epodata at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, I've removed all plugins and the hang was still there. That's why I
> suspect the dot-files.

That's easy to test, just delete them or remove them temporarily.

One thing to note on this thread and the previous one is that you all (or
most) have a x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu system, (from X-Mailer header).

This might be related:
https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2020-3b7a70c0ff

Do you have the libX11-1.6.12-3.fc33 package installed or not?

I use fedora and I was able to open the messages without problem. Same as
before with the previous thread. So it is/was not effecting fedora across the
board.

This needs some debugging using gdb by someone who is experiencing this
problem.

with regards

Paul