[Users] Claws-mail hanging, cpu 100%

Erik P. Olsen epodata at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 07:47:28 CET 2020

On 2020-12-17 at 23:38:22 Paul wrote:

> Go to /Configuration/Preferences/Display/Summaries, select the Message
> List tab, uncheck all the 'open message when selected' options.
>
> Turn on the Number column in the message list.
>
> Locate the problem message by opening the right message. This will correspond
> to the option 'Set message selection when entering a folder', on the same
> page as previously mentioned.

"open message when selected" was already unchecked.

When launching CM the folder in question displays 4 unread messages and when subsequently
selecting this folder the 4 messages are displayed in the message list and the hang
occurs immediately. This supports my theory that the 3 small files in the folder are
malformed. I'll send the folder to you off-list and perhaps you can see if that is indeed
the case.

--
Erik P. Olsen - Copenhagen, Denmark
Fedora 33/64 bit xfce Claws-Mail POP3 Gramps 5.1.2 Bacula 9.6.5