[Users] Claws sometimes consume 100% CPU

Jakub T. Jankiewicz jcubic at onet.pl
Fri Dec 11 12:18:48 CET 2020

> It might be more helpful if you give further information on the steps you
> perform leading up to this happening. Is it an html mail, do you use
> plugins? etc.

I don't have any steps I leave laptop running all the time and sometimes it
when screen shot down I notice that the app is frozen, yesterday it happen
when I was in bed and notice that the fan was loud, I've checked top and got
100% CPU. so I've killed the app, before it happen I've checked if I can
change email and I was able to click in list view but message panel was not
displaying the message.

I'm using BogoFilter, PGP and notifications plugins.

I can run the app in terminal and see if there is some kind of error. Maybe
run in debug mode if there is such thing.

Do you have any tips how to debug running claws application? Maybe run some
debugger, I'm not experienced in running gdb, so will need instruction what to
do to give more information about stack traces or something like that.

The problem was that it got frozen on email that was working fine, and
running it again works fine.

 /\                        - against proprietary attachments

Jakub T. Jankiewicz, Web Developer
https://jcubic.pl/me