[Users] Claws sometimes consume 100% CPU

Pierre A. pa.news at free.fr
Thu Dec 10 21:42:46 CET 2020

On Thu, 10 Dec 2020 16:27:59 +0100
"Jakub T. Jankiewicz" <jcubic at onet.pl> wrote:

> I've got 100% on one of the CPU which make my laptop
> fan run very loudly.

Hello

100 % is normal if no other process is active.

You could try to start Claws Mail in the command line with nice.

Do you have a lot of work going on in Claws Mail (big mailboxes, many filters)?

What is the surrounding temperature?

What is the hardware?  I have seen similar problems  (not related to Claws Mail) with Macbook pros, after RAM upgrades.  Resetting the SMC may help or not.  The problems may disappear after a few hours.