[Users] Message list and Wayland

Steffen Klemer me at sklemer.de
Mon Dec 7 22:06:33 CET 2020

Hey list,

I recently started using claws GTK3 as a native wayland application an
Sway and most of the stuff works fine and out of the box. There are 2
exceptions:

- Bug #4417
- The folder tree and message list seem to miss some kind of redraw
  call. When changing the currently active/selected mail by clicking on
  it or using the prev/next key, everything works fine, the new mail is
  selected, the preview pane updated etc. BUT the new line is not
  highlighted, instead the former line keeps it background color etc.
  This changes when I somehow force a 'redraw', e.g. by moving the
  mouse from the message list to the preview pane. The exact same thing
  happens in the folder list. I can change the folder, but the display
  is only updated after moving the mouse to another pane or changing
  the window or waiting some time.

If it helps I can try to record a screencast, assemble some debug output
and/or open a bug report. But perhaps the creators of the
internal treeview already has a clue what happens here.

I'm on 25bba106ace6f702bfb7e7e074166d8df7e6d1e9.

Steffen

 /\                        - against proprietary attachments