[Users] vCalendar default timezone?

Pierre Fortin pf at pfortin.com
Sat Dec 5 00:38:26 CET 2020

Hi,

It's been a LONG time since I last received an ICS file.

This one appeared to change my 2pm appointment to 9am...

I don't see a setting for timezone in vCalendar; does it assume GMT if a
received ICS file does not contain a TZID field?

Received ICS file:
>BEGIN:VCALENDAR
>PRODID:-//Flo Inc.//FloSoft//EN
>BEGIN:VEVENT
>DTSTART:20201207T140000
>DTEND:20201207T150000
>LOCATION:R & N Motor Company
>DESCRIPTION;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:Appointment Reminder
>SUMMARY:Your appointment is coming up soon!
>PRIORITY:3
>END:VEVENT
>END:VCALENDAR

See screenshot...

Am I missing something or should I file an enhancement request to select
default TZ as GMT or local? Local would seem the more reasonable default.

Thanks,
Pierre