[Users] Using the Dillo HTML viewer --- possibly useful information.

Dustin Miller dustbiz at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 03:09:04 CEST 2020

On Thu, 27 Aug 2020 09:55:30 -0000
Paul <claws at thewildbeast.co.uk> wrote:

> On Thu, 27 Aug 2020 06:43:29 +0600
> Dustin Miller <dustbiz at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > whenever there is an email with HTML
>
> Not strictly true. I could attach an html file to this message and
> that wouldn't get automatically selected. It has to be
> multipart/alternative.

DM: Interesting; thanks for that clarification / correction, Paul. So
would it be clearer / accurate to say that, whenever there is an HTML
email (i.e. an email created using HTML), it will show up as
'multipart/alternative' (M/A) in Claws? Or are there exceptions to that
as well? Also, if an HTML file is attached, would it have the same type
of icon as the M/A one? And lastly, if an HTML file is attached to a
message, can that be viewed in Claws with an HTML viewer plugin, or
would it need to be opened in an external browser? Thanks again,
---Dustin