[Users] Error from sudo apt-get update

Rolf Turner r.turner at auckland.ac.nz
Thu Aug 27 02:15:16 CEST 2020

On Wed, 26 Aug 2020 08:48:17 -0000
Paul <claws at thewildbeast.co.uk> wrote:

> On Wed, 26 Aug 2020 20:26:35 +1200
> Rolf Turner <r.turner at auckland.ac.nz> wrote:
>
> > This worries me a bit.  Can anyone suggest whom I should contact
> > about trying to get this error fixed?
>
> It's an abandoned PPA anyway. Last release there is 3.15.1.

Yair, but it's still mildly annoying to get that "error" popping up
each time I do an update.  Being obsessive-compulsive ( :-) ) I'd like
to get rid of this error message.

A bit of Googling revealed to me that if I went (in my Mate Desktop
interface) to

    System -> Administration -> Software Updater -> Settings
           -> Other Software

and then un-ticked

> http://ppa.launchpad.net/ubuntuhandbook1/claws-mail/ubuntu bionic main

the error message went away!  Ta-da!!! :-)

cheers,

Rolf Turner

--
Honorary Research Fellow