[Users] ok. now i'm sure claws-mail is seg faulting

briand at pounceofcats.com briand at pounceofcats.com
Sat Aug 22 06:47:15 CEST 2020

On Fri, 21 Aug 2020 06:56:47 -0000
Paul <claws at thewildbeast.co.uk> wrote:

> On Thu, 20 Aug 2020 21:07:04 -0700
> <briand at pounceofcats.com> wrote:
>
> > What should i do to help ?
> >
> > I see that there is a --debug flag in the options, so i would assume i want
> > to run with that.
> >
> > anything else ?
>
> First explain what "deleted an entry" means, so that we can try to reproduce
> your crash.

i'm glad you said that. it wasn't a delete, it was a ctrl-D, i.e. move to trash of a message.  Unfortunately i'm not sure i whether I was in the inbox or in one of my other mailbox folders.

> State what kind of account it is (IMAP or POP).

imap

> Upgrade to the latest Claws Mail release (or, even better, the latest GIT
> code), and verify that the crash is still happening.

it's really ridiculous that i forgot to say that it's version 3.17.5

i'll go get the newest git version. interesting that it appears to be 3.17.6, so I'm not too far behind.

> If it is reproducible, then perhaps that's you part done.

it has _definitely_ happened more than once, but it's not quite reproducible.

> Otherwise, if it is not reproducible, run through gdb with --debug and get a
> backtrace:

so everytime i run claws-mail, run under the debugger right ?  i can do that.  it's happening often enough that i bet I can catch it in the act.

> $ gdb
> file [path to claws-mail executable]
> run --debug
> [CRASH HERE]