[Users] Compose message window

Dave Howorth dave at howorth.org.uk
Tue Aug 18 03:05:57 CEST 2020

On Tue, 18 Aug 2020 01:38:26 +0200
Ricardo Mones <ricardo at mones.org> wrote:

> On Mon, 17 Aug 2020 15:04:01 -0400
> <edwardp at gmx.com> wrote:
>
> > I have a Google Chrome extension (Share link via email) added to the
> > browser that will open a new e-mail compose window when the
> > extension's icon is selected. For this to work, a preferred e-mail
> > client must be selected in the system settings.
> >
> > When I had it set up with Thunderbird, the extension only opened a
> > Thunderbird new message window.
> >
> > But when set up with Claws Mail, it will open a new Claws message
> > window, but it unexpectedly also opens up the main Claws Mail
> > screen. Am curious as to whether that's by design. As long as a/the
> > extension opens a new e-mail compose window, I'm happy.
>
> It's the expected behaviour. But you can also say it's by design :)

I'm a bit confused by this answer. I started a thread back in January
about a similar issue -
https://lists.claws-mail.org/pipermail/users/2020-January/025348.html -
and got different answers. Namely, it's all to do with where claws is
told to store temporary files, including the one that tells it there is
already an instance running.

So I don't understand the current answer.