[Users] Unmarking "marked" messages.

Rolf Turner r.turner at auckland.ac.nz
Mon Aug 17 03:33:59 CEST 2020

On Sun, 16 Aug 2020 09:45:30 -0000

Paul <claws at thewildbeast.co.uk> wrote:

> On Sun, 16 Aug 2020 21:11:02 +1200
> Rolf Turner <r.turner at auckland.ac.nz> wrote:
>
> > I find marking to be irrelevant cluttering and annoying.
>
> By default no messages are Marked. It's not something that claws-mail
> does itself.

Yes, I figured that this would be the case, since claws-mail appears to
be eminently sensible.

Yet I have a number of emails scattered about in my folders that are
"marked".  How do they get this way?  Is it something that the sender
does?  Must be, eh?

Anyhow I've now got a filter in place to unmark any incoming messages,
so no new marked messages should appear in my folders.

cheers,

Rolf

--
Honorary Research Fellow