[Users] Unmarking "marked" messages.

Rolf Turner r.turner at auckland.ac.nz
Mon Aug 17 02:10:32 CEST 2020

On Sun, 16 Aug 2020 11:16:25 -0400

Little Girl <littlergirl at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey there,
>
> Rolf Turner wrote:
>
> >Is there a way to unmark *all* marked messages throughout my folder
> >tree?  I find marking to be irrelevant cluttering and annoying.
>
> You could create a filter or processing rule with the condition
> matching all messages and the action being "Message flags" with
> "Unmark" chosen from the selection of flags.

Thanks for thinking about my problem.

Neat idea, but I can't quite get it to work.  I created the appropriate
filter (called "Unmark"), disabled all of the other filters
(temporarily) and then tried to apply the filter by clicking on "Filter
all messages in folder".  The problem is that this does not proceed down
the folder tree, but only filters messages in the folder that is
currently high-lighted.  If there are no messages in the high-lighted
folder (but only sub-folders) then  "Filter all messages in folder" is
greyed out.

Is there any way/can you think of any way to make filtering, or pre- or
post- processing, follow on down the folder tree?

Thanks.

cheers,

Rolf Turner

--