[Users] Fwd: Running Claws on an external hard drive.

wwp subscript at free.fr
Thu Aug 13 18:23:48 CEST 2020

Hello Mel,

On Thu, 13 Aug 2020 10:01:24 -0600 "M. J. (Mel) Miners" <martlet at telus.net> wrote:

> Gents; I am a new user of Claws - or would like to be.  I did exactly what
> Lawrence did - I installed it on my external hard drive.
>
> From your thread, I need to change a config file. So, in what folder do I
> find this config file and where do I insert that string?

There is no config file to change, you have to change the way you call
Claws Mail itself. For instance, by editing the shortcut so that
you add --alternate-config-dir "e:\path\to\your\config\dir" to the
command-line. If you're not comfortable with such operation, prefer
installing the program and the run-time config directory to the
standard default C: drive.

Regards,

--
wwp