[Users] [FORGED] Re: Switching from Thunderbird to claws-mail.

Rolf Turner r.turner at auckland.ac.nz
Wed Aug 12 04:45:35 CEST 2020

On 11/08/20 8:56 pm, lists wrote:

> With imap you can run Thunderbird and claws at the same time. Just
> pick one that is allowed to delete the messages from the server.
> Running both programs will mean more file space used on the client.
>
> I just run claws, but I was thinking of setting up Thunderbird just
> to use the dkim plug in as an experiment. My email server puts the
> dkim status in the header which is easily observed with a control H.
> But that just verifies the email on the server has not been altered
> in transit. It would be interesting to verify dkim on the client.
>
> During all the email hacking in the 2016 election, the press was
> using this Thunderbird plug in to verify the stolen email was
> unaltered.

<SNIP>

Thanks for taking the time to answer my enquiry.

Is it, uh, "straightforward" to "pick one that is allowed to delete the
messages from the server"?

Would I (somehow) tell Thunderbird that it is *not* allowed to delete
messages from the server, and (perhaps) tell claws-mail that it *is*
allowed to do so?

It is not at all clear to me how I would instruct Thunderbird that it is
not allowed to delete messages.  I've had a perfunctory look at

     Edit --> Preferences

on Thunderbird and can see nothing obvious.

cheers,

Rolf

--
Honorary Research Fellow