[Users] Listing dependencies

Paul claws at thewildbeast.co.uk
Sat Apr 18 13:14:27 CEST 2020

On Fri, 17 Apr 2020 16:10:04 -0700
coderaptor <coderaptor at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am trying to build a homebrew formula for claws-mail for macOS, and
> was wondering if there is an easy way to list its mandatory
> dependencies. I can look through configure and try to figure it out,
> but if there is an easy way, please let me know.
>
> A partial list that I could put together is gtk+2, glib2, pkg-config,
> libcairo, libarchive, libetpan, based on the first successful build on
> macOS 10.15.1.

This, from the FAQ, still appears correct:
https://www.claws-mail.org/faq/index.php/Installation_and_Configuration#What_do_I_need_to_compile_Claws_Mail.3F

From your list libarchive and libetpan are optional.

For definitive information, see configure.ac
https://git.claws-mail.org/?p=claws.git;a=blob;f=configure.ac;h=fb4ec22f05df03eda4cb432d24e6ffc9d23570d7;hb=HEAD
Still a lot to look through, but better than looking at the configure script.

with regards

Paul