[Users] spam filtering for tcltk at perl.org

Charles Lane lane at duphy4.physics.drexel.edu
Mon Apr 6 02:49:57 CEST 2020

On Sun, 5 Apr 2020 16:10:48 +0100
RW <rwmaillists at googlemail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 2 Apr 2020 00:34:11 +0100
> Dave Howorth wrote:
>
> > I'm subscribed to the tcltk at perl.org list and puzzled by how claws
> > behaves with respect to it, or specifically bogofilter. Every
> > message I receive from the list is sent to the 'maybe-spam' folder.
> > Any ideas? Is there some way I can inspect why it has classified a
> > particular mail as 'maybe-spam'?
>
> Try saving one of them before training and piping it through
>
>   bogofilter -vvv
>
> This should tell you what tokens are contributing to the
> classification. If your repeat this after training you can compare the
> results and see if things are moving in the right direction.

One thing that I've found to be occasionally useful is to define
an "action button" with the shell command:

spamc -t 30 -R < %f |

which gives you the "spam report" on a message.
That's spamassassin, not bogofilter, but it might be
a useful way to check mis-flagged messages.
--
 Drexel University    \V               --Chuck Lane
FAX: (215) 895-1281  lane at duphy4.physics.drexel.edu