[Users] Import *.ics calendar file

Jerry jerry at seibercom.net
Fri Sep 20 11:02:23 CET 2019

On Thu, 19 Sep 2019 20:51:55 -0000, Paul stated:
>On Thu, 19 Sep 2019 14:11:45 -0400
>Jerry <jerry at seibercom.net> wrote:
>
>> Is there anyway that claws-mail can import a calendar file. Usually,
>> they have the prefix 'ics'.
>
>Yes. Right-click the top-level vCalendar folder, click 'Subscribe to
>Webcal...'
>
>In the dialogue which appears, start with file:// followed by the full
>path to the ics file.
>e.g
>
>file:///home/me/calendar.ics
>
>with regards
>
>Paul

Thanks, Paul, but that isn't really doing what I want. I do not want to
start a whole new calendar; I simply want to add an event to an
existing calendar. MS Outlook, perhaps others, will allow me to add the
events in an *.ics file to an existing calendar.

If that is not possible in claws-mail at present, perhaps it might be
added on at a future date.

In addition, it would be nice it the "Subscribe to Webcal" menu option
had an "An from file" option. Just a thought.

Thanks!

--
Jerry