[Users] Some Parts of Some Emails Not Included in Reply

Jeremy Nicoll jn.ml.clwm.729 at letterboxes.org
Sun Sep 8 12:23:54 CET 2019

On Sun, 8 Sep 2019, at 11:52, Dustin Miller wrote:

> DM: From your description and the appearance of the emails both in
> Claws and in a webmail interface, my guess is my preferences for this
> list are to receive the digest as plain text rather than as 'MIME'. I
> did reply to the digest, but would describe that as user 'preference'
> rather than user 'error'. :) It does mean adjusting the subject and
> trimming the message body, but I don't mind doing that for the ability
> to greatly decrease the number of individual emails I receive.

But, a digest contains multiple mails.  Each of those mails had its own
message-id and other headers describing where it fitted into the thread
(ie which specific message in the 'tree structure' of messages in that
discussion it was a reply to).

When you reply to one of the messages in a digest, how do you make
sure your reply's headers contain the info that tells everyone else
where your new reply fits into the original message's thread?

Just changing the subject isn't enough.   I'm sure I am not the only
person who routinely ignore replies that don't show up in threads
properly.

--
Jeremy Nicoll - my opinions are my own.