[Users] Some Parts of Some Emails Not Included in Reply

Dustin Miller dustbiz at gmail.com
Sun Sep 8 11:24:26 CET 2019

> Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2019 09:14:43 -0000
> From: Paul <claws at thewildbeast.co.uk>
> Subject: Re: [Users] Some Parts of Some Emails Not Included in Reply
>
> On Sun, 8 Sep 2019 14:12:33 +0600
> Dustin Miller <dustbiz at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I can provide more info or send a sample email if anyone is having
>> trouble reproducing it.
>
> Send a sample, as that might suffice for a lack of description of
> these excluded parts.

DM: I've attached an email (Vol 77, Issue 27) that I have this issue
with. When I reply to it, the quoted part ends with the following two
lines, followed by two blank lines:

> It's always sensible to back up ~/.claws-mail somewhere...

DM: So it seems that the signature stripping is at least correlated,
if not what's causing it. I just reviewed another eight digest emails
from this list and they are consistent with the idea that as soon as a
signature marked with the double hyphen is encountered, it and
everything beneath it are excluded from the message quote in the
reply.

DM: In case it's helpful, in Preferences - Compose - Writing -
Replying, 'Reply will quote by default' and 'Reply button invokes
mailing list reply' both have their boxes checked. Also, I have only
tested this with Ctrl-R, not with the 'Reply' button or via the main
menu.

DM: Thanks for your reply, and let me know if more info is needed. ---Dustin