[Users] claws-mail-3.7.4: Can't type non-ascii in message composer

Nikita Zlobin nick87720z at gmail.com
Fri Sep 6 16:20:20 CET 2019

In Thu, 5 Sep 2019 15:33:09 -0000
Paul <claws at thewildbeast.co.uk> wrote:

> On Thu, 5 Sep 2019 20:21:36 +0500
> Nikita Zlobin <nick87720z at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > While writing new message, I can't type from keyboard russian and
> > 3rd-level characters, such as Euro, Copyright, Pro-mile, not-equal,
> > nearly-equal. In any field inside message composer, be it
> > From/Cc/etc, Subject or body text.
> >
> > But problem doesn't appear for copy-pasted text. Also no problem
> > typing these chars in main window, e.g. in quick search text field.
>
> It all works fine here. Not sure what your problem is, though.
>
> with regards
>
> Paul

Thanks to all replies, suddenly problem disappeared after claws-mail
restart, when I ran it with --debug option from terminal, as asked at
gentoo bugzilla. Problem doesn't appear at any new runs, even if I do
it via xfce run dialog.

Although I could get it back when intentionally restarted with LANG=C,
I'm not sure, wether it was cause. My guess it is so, because another
symptom that presented along with main problem, is that mail folder
names like Inbox, Sent, Trash where untranslated, while now they are.

I upgraded to 3.17.4 from 3.17.3 at August 23. Can't even remember when
it appeared. Only nearly remember that mentioned above untranslated
folder names appeared after upgrade - at least it was less then month.