[Users] claws-mail-3.7.4: Can't type non-ascii in message composer

Dave Howorth dave at howorth.org.uk
Fri Sep 6 09:58:14 CET 2019

On Fri, 6 Sep 2019 13:25:30 +0500
Nikita Zlobin <nick87720z at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 5 Sep 2019 17:10:09 +0100
> Dave Howorth <dave at howorth.org.uk> wrote:
>

> > From my UK keyboard, it's AltGr then 4 gives €
>
> Hm, for me it is '¼', but only with short. Without Shift it is just $.
> But, just one more case to ensure that Ctrl key doesn't cause problem.
> Since $ is in standard charset, it is typed ok. But above fracture
> char is not.

AltGr 4 -> €  AltGr Shift 4 -> ¼ here in the compose window. Now
admittedly I'm using claws 3.16.0 so it's not a good test, but it does
rather suggest that your problem is something to do with your desktop
or other outside factor and not with claws. But it would be interesting
to know more details of how the compose window is produced perhaps, to
understand what in the environment might be different just for it?