[Users] claws-mail-3.7.4: Can't type non-ascii in message composer

Nikita Zlobin nick87720z at gmail.com
Fri Sep 6 08:20:57 CET 2019

On Thu, 5 Sep 2019 17:10:09 +0100
Dave Howorth <dave at howorth.org.uk> wrote:

> On Thu, 5 Sep 2019 17:44:57 +0200
> Ralf Mardorf <kde.lists at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 5 Sep 2019 20:21:36 +0500, Nikita Zlobin wrote:
> > >While writing new message, I can't type from keyboard russian and
> > >3rd-level characters, such as Euro, Copyright, Pro-mile, not-equal,
> > >nearly-equal. In any field inside message composer, be it
> > >From/Cc/etc, Subject or body text.
> > >
> > >But problem doesn't appear for copy-pasted text. Also no problem
> > >typing these chars in main window, e.g. in quick search text field.
>
> What's your key sequence for e.g. euro?

People above already wrote about Right Alt + E, as well as AltGr + E.
In both cases Right Alt (or AltGr) seems to work like 3rd-level
character, for which there is no option (usually in keyboard layout),
but at least kde allowes to configure it. Not sure about gnome /
elementary.

So, on my keyboard (default english layout):
'‰' = 3rd + '5' (no Shift),

My difference is that I changed 3rd level key to Right Ctrl, probably
because I needed right alt for something else. But I'm pretty sure,
problem is not due to changed 3rd level key as all russian alphabet is
affected too.