[Users] possibly switching to claws

Bret Busby bret.busby at gmail.com
Sat Oct 26 17:49:01 CET 2019

On 26/10/2019, jl via Users <users at lists.claws-mail.org> wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Oct 2019 20:29:48 +0200, Ralf Mardorf via Users
> <users at lists.claws-mail.org> you wrote:
>
>>I tested a lot of MUAs among them the disgusting Kmail and several kinds
>>of quite nice old Mozillas and once even Opera provided a nice
>>MUA. Nowadays I run Claws and Evolution in parallel as my major MUAs.
>>Even while using POP accounts, it's no issue to retrieve the POP mails
>>with both MUAs and via Bcc I even could keep sent mails in "sync".
>>
>>I'm also using Sylpheed for some less important accounts.
>>
>>For my taste Claws, Sylpheed and Evolution are the best MUAs.
>>
>>For me the most beautiful name of a MUA is "Wanderlust", but
>>unfortunately using it, is not to my taste ... it's Emacs based ;).

> I use Opera for my browser.  I would have been interested to try
> using it for email, but it looks like that effort on their part
> didn't really last.

As StarOffice changed and lost its mail component, when, I think, it
became SunfOffice, after having been taken over by Sun, Opera changed,
and I abandoned Opera as the most secure web browser, and, abandoned
operamail, both, when Opera was sold by its Norwegian founders, to the
Chinese (government?).

It is a bit like when Skype was sold by its founders, to Microsoft,
abandoning its support for Linux, and, abandoning its support for
Skype users.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale