[Users] possibly switching to claws

sylpheed at 911networks.com sylpheed at 911networks.com
Thu Oct 17 14:16:39 CET 2019

On Wed, 16 Oct 2019 08:18:39 +0000
John Long <codeblue at inbox.lv> wrote:

>Seems to me there have been a lot of annoying and incompatible
>changes over the years. I used to like Claws a lot and used it for
>over ten years. Now I like it a lot less. It is still probably the
>best of the worst (as far as GUI clients go.) Mutt is great if you

First of all, you do not have to upgrade, you can go back to CM 2.x
and keep it there, the basics have not changed.

You were happier then, then stay or go back to that release or
switch, Balsa is quite good and then there's evolution or neo-mutt

>The main Claws maintainer is an arrogant pain in the ass. He does not
>care at all about anybody's opinion and sometimes things which seem
>to other people as real bugs are considered by him the way he wants
>Claws to work. He is the one working on it so it's his choice unless
>you want to fork a copy for yourself.

That's the way it is. Who pays the piper chooses the song...

The maintainers are putting thousands of hours every year to
maintain and upgrade claws and for one is very grateful for the long
and hard work.

--
sknahT

vyS