[Users] Computer crashes, could be OT

wwp subscript at free.fr
Fri Oct 4 06:33:33 CET 2019

Hello,

On Thu, 3 Oct 2019 14:02:17 -0700 sylpheed at 911networks.com wrote:

> CM 3.17.4 on Manjaro
>
> I'm having problems with the suspend/resume, actually the problem is
> with the resume part. The computer wakes up but the screens (x2) are
> still sleeping and x doesn't wake up. I end up having to reboot with
> Alt-SysRq reisub
>
> What's that got to do with CM?
>
> I have noticed that this mostly happens when I leave CM on. That's
> the only app that I leave on because each time I restart CM I have to
> enter the various passwords for the various accounts.
>
> That's why I mentioned in the subject line that this could be OT.
>
> * Is anybody else experiencing this kind of problem?
> * Could CM do something with network manager on the resume that would
>   cause X to not resume?
> * Am I completely out to lunch?

[snip]

> Any suggestion on what to look for?

My guess is that it will be totally OT, and at the end you should post
to the manjaro users mailing list, if it exists.

Still, may I suggest that you go offline (first in CM, but also on
desktop side, turning off wired/wireless connections, which should turn
CM offline anyway) before you suspend? Does it change anything?
BTW does the system really go in suspend mode? It might not be the
case. System logs should prove it.

Regards,

--
wwp