[Users] gpg2 locks CPU core to 100%

John Crisp jcrisp at safeandsoundit.co.uk
Tue Nov 26 00:01:08 CET 2019

On Mon, 25 Nov 2019 17:54:12 -0000
Paul <claws at thewildbeast.co.uk> wrote:

> On Mon, 25 Nov 2019 18:34:05 +0100
> John Crisp <jcrisp at safeandsoundit.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > Just to follow up on this, it was actually it was a bit more
> > complicated, but still down to damaged keys.
>
> Good sleuthing!! Thanks for following up.

NP - it was like a bad itch ;-)

Kept hoping it would go away and had to keep scratching it.

To be technically accurate I actually used gpg (as opposed to gpg2).

I still don't completely understand how it happens as I am no guru on
this.

But it seems some keys get 'spammed' some how. The worst offender
was some bloke called errrr... Phil Zimmermann :-)

Damn I wish email encryption was easier....

B Rgds
John