[Users] emails in spam folders are not downloaded

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Mon Mar 25 10:48:18 CET 2019

On Mon, 25 Mar 2019 15:01:27 +0530, Cyaniventer wrote:
>I am using POP, I should have said that before - sorry for that.
>
>I am not aware any option that allows subscribing to different folders.
>How do I do that?

You can't.

I'm using POP, too. I disabled spam filtering by the ISP web
interfaces. Unfortunately ISP tend to ignore it, they still move a
few mails to the spam folder and indeed, there are usually false
positives inside the spam folder.

For important office accounts I check the spam folder using the ISP web
interfaces on a regular basis.

I'm using bogofilter to filter spam by my MUAs (Claws and Evolution).

_If_ massive spam bombing happens, I either temporarily enable the ISP
spam filtering and/or ban some addresses on the server side.

However, massive spam bombing (hundred of mails within a few seconds)
seldom happen and if it happens, the ISP spam filtering usually gains
nothing. Usually I receive that less spam, that bogofilter used by the
MUAs is good enough for me.

--
pacman -Q linux{,-rt{-pussytoes,-cornflower,,-securityink}}|cut -d\  -f2
5.0.4.arch1-1