[Users] Filter rule combinations

wwp subscript at free.fr
Mon Mar 25 07:45:55 CET 2019

Hello Adrian,

On Sun, 24 Mar 2019 21:48:58 +0000 Adrian <adrian at aeolian.org.uk> wrote:

> Hi all
>
> Can you create a filter rule with a combination of AND OR and
> parentheses? e.g.
> mails that come from any board member (From contains A or B or C...)
> AND
> are NOT sent to a general mailing list (Subject does not contain
> "[TheList]")
>
> Is this possible?

Yes and no, but I guess that in your case it's a no, but.
You cannot have AND and OR in expressions themselves, unless you use
regular expressions that can match like OR ("(a|b)"). Similarly,
prioritizing using parenthesis is not possible. You can define multiple
expressions in a filter rule, logically chained with AND or OR, but not
mix those AND and OR operators; you can define multiple rules, then
chaining of all this (logical flow), including stop-actions, allows to
match in a complex manner anyway.

Regards,

--
wwp