[Users] POP3 Google Certificate Problem ?

Paul claws at thewildbeast.co.uk
Fri Mar 1 09:03:07 CET 2019

On Fri, 1 Mar 2019 07:56:34 -0000
Paul <claws at thewildbeast.co.uk> wrote:

> This is not similar, apart from the fact it concerns certificates.

I should elaborate a little, perhaps.

You said,
> I found numorous reports dated 2012, 2014, etc.. describing same or
> a very similar issue with Google certificate, related to claws-mail.

That is presumably the case where google do not update all their
servers certificates at the same time, so when the user connects,
having no control over which server they connect through, they
sometime got a new cert, sometime an old cert. Not a claws-mail issue.

As for Server Name Indication, at the time claws-mail did not support
SNI. I don't think the lack of SNI support, or any feature, can be
described as 'playing up'.

Seems to me that google has issued certs with a very brief shelf
life, that's all.

with regards

Paul