[Users] Wrapping

Ralf Mardorf kde.lists at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 10 13:34:12 CEST 2019

On Mon, 10 Jun 2019 13:46:04 +0300, mlist at riseup.net wrote:
>IMO instead of being firm on habits and blaming
>others for being idiots, it is much wiser to consider
>the actuality and make sure the message is formatted
>to easily reach the mind of the receiving party (which
>is the whole purpose of communication).

How would you call a carpenter, who does use a smart phone to nail?
Shouldn't a carpenter use a hammer or nailgun instead of a smart phone?

My mails are plain text mails wrapped at 72 chars, this does please all
users using appropriate tools, from the ancient computer, with a very
small CRT, right up to users of all kinds of modern desktop computers,
laptop, netbook, notebook, tablet computers, with different sizes of
displays. Even if they should prefer HTML over plain text, they
don't have to do anything. They don't need to resize a window, they
just one time need to chose a font type and size for plain text mails.

There's a difference between a habit and a sane work-flow using the
right tool.

--
pacman -Q linux{,-rt{,-pussytoes,-cornflower,-securityink}}|cut -d\  -f2
5.1.8.arch1-1