[Users] Wrapping

Ralf Mardorf kde.lists at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 9 23:08:30 CEST 2019

On Sun, 9 Jun 2019 21:54:09 +0300, mlist at riseup.net wrote:
>Not my expectation but an actuality because in 2019
>there are many different screen sizes and resolutions.
>So when you pre-wrap the text at 72 cpl and then open
>it in a mobile email the lines are not only nicely
>formatted but are actually far less readable because
>of the different line length.

I would use my 9.7-inch screen or my 12.9-inch screen iPad only in
exceptional circumstances for emailing. I tend to write emails sitting
at my desk. However, those screens are already large enough to display
72 chars long lines, at a size, readable with the eyes of a 50+ old man,
using normal reading glasses.

A phone is simply not the right tool for emailing.

The smart phone hype is anything but smart. To please smart phone users,
companies tend to break a lot of working applications, web sites etc.,
even my bank's online banking became a PITA, just to please idiots doing
online banking in the street, using a smart phone.

Studies appear to prove that the averaged IQ of the human race does
decrease. Idiots shouldn't be allowed to replace working tools by crap.
I'm not against new technology. I'm against regression.