[Users] Tray Icon with unread mail counter?

Pyretta pyretta at mailbox.org
Sun Jul 28 19:09:54 CEST 2019

On Sun, 28 Jul 2019 14:19:55 +0200
Ricardo Mones <ricardo at mones.org> wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 27, 2019 at 10:55:32AM +0200, Pyretta wrote:
> > Dear Claws users,
> >
> > is there a tray icon plugin that shows the count of unread
> > messages as part of the tray icon? As far as I know it is not
> > possible to configure the existing notifications plugin that way,
> > right?
>
> Not as part of the icon, but IIRC if you move the mouse pointer over
> the icon the number should be shown in a tooltip.
>
> regards,

Dear Ricardo,

are there any conceptual reasons the number isn't shown directly in the
icon or is it just that so far nobody was interested in this feature?

If I would develop this feature as a patch to the notification
plugin, are there chances it would be included in the main repo?
I would make it an option of course.

Best, Pyretta