[Users] Feature request: Make search "Clear" button reset search mode

Ricardo Mones ricardo at mones.org
Fri Jan 11 00:00:47 CET 2019

On Thu, 10 Jan 2019 19:24:40 +0000
Dave Howorth <dave at howorth.org.uk> wrote:

> On Thu, 10 Jan 2019 19:37:59 +0100
> Ricardo Mones <ricardo at mones.org> wrote:
[…]
> > Not everything appears in the manual, that would require a full book
> > and probably several people to write and keep it up to date :-)
>
> No, indeed, but how else does anybody find what that feature is called,
> or alternatively what that named feature does? How were people able to
> have a meaningful discussion about it, for example? I didn't mention,
> but google search returned no useful hits either.

Well, in this case if you know the feature you can deduce what they're
referring to. I had never called this feature "the reply-finder" but seems a
name good enough to trigger my memory, of course YMMV. Anyway, asking is the
best way to achieve a meaningful discussion, as you already did.

Hopefully now google will index this thread and future searches will return
something ;-)
--
  Ricardo Mones
  ~