[Users] change color skin

Little Girl littlergirl at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 14:20:33 CET 2019

Hey there,

Giuseppe Dibello wrote:

>Has it runned on your computer? I have a snap installation of Claws
>Mail, I created a file "default-style.css" putting it into
>"home/claws-mail-moon127/gtkrc-2.0" folder but, restarting the
>computer, the software appears always grey and the only effect has
>been the disappearence of the arrow of the mouse. There's something
>wrong. The folder ".claws-mail" appears to be yet created but,
>searching for it, it doesn't appears.

Instead of using the default-style.css file to style Claws Mail,
you'll be using the gtkrc-2.0 file.

That file must be created inside of the hidden .claws-mail directory
inside your home directory. The dot at the beginning of its name
means it's a hidden directory. To see that directory, turn on display
of hidden files in your file manager (probably in the View menu).

As an example, if your username is gio, you'd put the gtkrc-2.0 file
into the /home/gio/.claws-mail directory.

Once you've created it, you'll want to edit it and put one or more
theming rules in it. If you use the contents of the example David
Howorth shared yesterday and then open Claws Mail, its background will
be orange. Here are those contents again:

style "default-style"
{
        # set the background to orange
        bg[NORMAL] = "#ffa500"
}

class "GtkWidget" style "default-style"

You can change #ffa500 to whatever color you like. Also, for more
styling options, the GNOME wiki has a tutorial on GTK theming here:

https://wiki.gnome.org/Attic/GnomeArt/Tutorials/GtkThemes

--
Little Girl

There is no spoon.