[Users] Advice on configuring the From: header

Dave Howorth dave at howorth.org.uk
Sun Feb 3 21:00:21 CET 2019

On Sun, 3 Feb 2019 11:51:12 +1100
Liz <edodd at billiau.net> wrote:

> I have just joined a list which will admit persons with a code
> embedded in their email address.
>
> The email address I have used does not have a "Send" function but only
> redirects mail to another email address.
>
> I would like my From: header to contain that address with the code
> embedded
> but send the mail out through an account which does do SMTP
>
> Would a "Compose" template for the account do this for me?

I believe so, yes. I use a Reply template with %t in the From field to
ensure I reply with the appropriate From address to messages from
particular groups of correspondents. So I think you may need more than
just the Compose template if you ever reply to list postings, but
that's just an extension of your plan.