[Users] address book

Brian bvamundsen at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 29 21:21:52 CET 2019

On Sun, 29 Dec 2019 19:28:21 +0000
Dave Howorth <dave at howorth.org.uk> wrote:

> On Sat, 28 Dec 2019 11:58:54 -0600
> Brian <bvamundsen at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > You may have to move the selection to the top most "Address Book".
>
> You mean 'Common addresses'?

No.  When I open the Address Book there are four common books, Address
Books (Which has Personal Addresses below it), vCard, JPilot, LDAP
servers.  I can not edit vCard, JPilot or LDAP servers because they
don't have source files associated with them, they are place holders
only.  Perhaps you named your local address book "Common Addresses" and
it appears under Address Books.  On the other hand if you previously
had Evolution running and it was creating a vCard file, it might be
able to be read by Claws but not modified.  Did you create the vCard
file "evolutionVcard" and add it to your Address Book interface
previously?

I suggest you try to creat a new vCard Book, add the offending address
to that book, then see if you can delete it.  If it works, then your
issue is you've lost permissions to write to the
directory location the evolutionVcard file is located in.

Address Books are typically found in /home/<user>/.claws-mail/addrbook/

HTH
BrianA