[Users] when deleting emails delete from server

Pierre Fortin pf at pfortin.com
Tue Dec 17 16:27:06 CET 2019

On Mon, 16 Dec 2019 13:54:16 +0000 Lynda Kane wrote:

>Hello,
>
>Quick question - is it possible to configure an email account to delete emails from the server when deleting them in Claws Mail?  I can see how many days to keep them on the server but not the delete from server when deleting option?
>
>Thanks!
>
>Lynda

You didn't state what you were trying to delete; but I wanted to delete
mainly spam from obnoxious TLDs and certain Subjects...

I started a short thread on 10/20/19 asking for a POP "delete from
server" action.  Since it didn't seem to get any traction, I created a
python script to delete certain messages from my POP servers...

Comments should be sufficient to set up your own files -- the script
shouldn't need any changes unless you want to increase is capabilities or
turn on some print() statements.

So, yes, it's possible to delete specific messages from a POP server... :)

The problem I'm left with is that the script and CM operate
asynchronously and therefore, there are time slots where some unwanted
messages do get through; but it's helped a LOT for what I wanted...

Enjoy,
Pierre