[Users] Build dependencies

John Crisp jcrisp at safeandsoundit.co.uk
Wed Dec 4 14:10:41 CET 2019

On Wed, 4 Dec 2019 09:05:25 -0000
Paul <claws at thewildbeast.co.uk> wrote:

> On Tue, 3 Dec 2019 18:22:20 +0100
> John Crisp <jcrisp at safeandsoundit.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > Any suggestions or links where I can find out?
>
> If you look carefully at the file configure.ac, you could probably
> work it out.
>
> https://git.claws-mail.org/?p=claws.git;a=blob_plain;f=configure.ac;hb=HEAD

Indeed, thank you.

Some detective work & head scratching required as it isn't straight
forward.

These are the vars that check (I think)
PKG_CHECK_MODULES
AC_CHECK_PROG
AC_CHECK_LIB

eg: PKG_CHECK_MODULES(DBUS, [dbus-1 >= 0.60, dbus-glib-1 >= 0.60]

Actually needs (in my case) libdbusmenu-glib-dev

Just surprised there isn't a list somewhere....

JPilot             : no
Not bothered.

compface           : no
Added compface
requires libcompfaceg1-dev

Crash dialog       : no
Needs gdb installed.
Defaults to 'no' - do not build. Needs to be enabled to override.

Generic UMPC code  : no
N/A ?

Unit tests         : no
Not bothered - probably needs valgrind

For reference this lot should do it - note this is for Xubuntu 16.04
You may need these for Unity - unity, unity messaging-menu

sudo apt-get install bsfilter dillo checkinstall flex libgnutls28-dev
libgtk2.0-dev libetpan-dev libwebkit2gtk-4.0-dev libpoppler-glib-dev
libgpgme-dev libytnef0-dev libical-dev libarchive-dev libwebkitgtk-dev
libgdata-dev libgumbo-dev libperl-dev python-gtk2-dev libnotify-dev
libcanberra-gtk3-dev libcanberra-dev libcanberra-gtk-dev
libdbusmenu-glib-dev libnm-dev docbook-utils compface libcompfaceg1-dev

git clone etc

Create description-pak and add the package description:

“claws-mail from git source”

Run autogen.sh - crash dialogue if required

./autogen.sh --enable-crash-dialog

Build - probably should add some 'Conflicts' to override the stock
version:

sudo checkinstall --pkgname=claws-mail --pkgversion=3.17
--pkgrelease=4-c929558

Any suggestions where I could put some of this stuff? I need to test on
a new install as well as I may have stuff already installed.

B. Rgds
John