[Users] Signatures don't seem to work

Paul claws at thewildbeast.co.uk
Sat Aug 31 20:00:27 CEST 2019

On Sat, 31 Aug 2019 18:29:53 +0100
Alexander Harkness <me at bearbin.net> wrote:

> GPGME is the library Claws uses

Many thanks for that info.

> so any configuration
> would be local to the context of Claws mail - there wouldn't be any
> interference with external users either of GPG or GPGME.

For me there has never and is not a problem with how it's always worked and
works now. This is presumably the case for most (all other?) users too, since
no-one has ever suggested that there is a problem.

Most users of gpg, sooner or later, either add or remove auto-key-retrieve
from gpg.conf, as suits them.

You might want to spend your time developing a patch to implement what you
have described. I would argue that while there are bugs listed on bugzilla
time would be better spent tackling some of those.

with regards

Paul