[Users] X11 emacs copy/paste error

Christian Cachin cachin at acm.org
Thu Aug 29 15:23:33 CEST 2019

Hi all,

Thanks for providing the greatest mail client I know of!

However, with the new upgrade to 3.17.4 and the picture paste, I can no longer paste
selections from Emacs.  Whenever GNU Emacs owns the primary selection and I paste
into a claws-mail compose window, emacs flashes, shows an error, and nothing
is inserted.

Paste command can be any of: ^V / Edit>Paste / middle-click
Emacs error shown:  Selection owner couldn't convert: MULTIPLE

Is there a way to disable the functionality of picture paste and assume
for the (in)sanity of Emacs by default that we get dumb text?

Debian 9.9
Xfce4 4.12.3
claws-mail-3.17.4
GNU Emacs 25.1.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.11) of 2017-09-15, modified by Debian

Any hint appreciated.

Regards,

	Christian